Pages

Lara Pulver as Isabella in Robin Hood

As of tonight I have a new entry on my list of favourite actresses. Lara Pulver has joined the cast of the BBC's Robin Hood.


Now, I've managed to get through the last couple of years without watching a single episode of this show but when I saw a photo of Lara earlier today in a TV listings mag I shallowly decided to check it out. (She's exactly my type and has a "young Dr Weir from Stargate Atlantis" thing going on.)

It turned out to be a fun episode. Nothing too earth shattering. Lots of running around the forrest and a bit of sword fighting.

Lara plays Isabella, the sister of the villainous Guy of Gisborne, played by ladies favourite Richard Armitage. We discover that he sold her for marrage at the age of 13. Now years later she has escaped and is looking for protection from her husband.

I've not seen Lara in anything else and according to the IMDB Robin Hood appears to be her first television appearance, although she's appeared on the stage.

My decision for tonight: I shall watch Robin Hood for as long as she appears in it! As an added bonus we get Toby Stephens chewing the scenery as prince John from next week.

Here's a couple of photos of Lara from Shootastic. You can see them (plus other photos) in higher quality at http://musearchives.net/shootastic/index.php.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...